Thursday, August 4, 2011

......the rumors are true.....the humidity is stifling.............

And so, other than the life sucking heat, my first couple of weeks here have been pretty good. I spent the first week getting over jet lag and settling into my apartment. Compared to settling in during student teaching, this experience has been quite different. It has made a huge difference to be able to actually settle into an apartment and start to make it feel like home.

Work days at the school officially started this week so I have spent most of the time lesson planning. The 8th grade class curriculum was already in place so I feel good about that class. I have to create a curriculum for one of my ESL classes so it's been interesting figuring that out. School starts in a week and I'm surprisingly not terrified........yet. I'm expecting the nerves to start next week.

I think the thing that I was most excited to come back to is the food.......and it has not disappointed me. So, my transition back has gone very well and I'm enjoying some more relaxed time before all of the insanity begins next week.

1 comment:

  1. School starts in a week????? Wowzerz! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete