I have officially finished my 4th day as a "real" adult with real job. It is kind of nice to be able to say I'm a teacher rather than always saying my major and the fact that I'm studying to be a teacher one day. The first few days of school have gone really well. Of course, I'm currently only teaching half of my classes so that might have something to do with it. The high school ESL department here is very small and currently I only have 2 ESL students. Neither of them have arrived at school yet, and I have them for two classes. So, I have only been teaching my other two classes so far. It's nice to have some extra planning time, but I'm definitely ready for them to come so I can teach a full day.
I have also signed up to be an assistant coach for high school girls volleyball. For some reason, everyone I know seems to chuckle at that when I tell them. Considering my stellar athletic skills and love of sports in general, I continue to be surprised by this. Thankfully, you do not have to be a sports expert to help coach here, and I thought it would be a great way to get involved and get to know the students outside of the classroom.
How come we never played sand v-ball together at CU???????????? We must go back for our 20 year class reunion and rectify this! ;)
ReplyDeleteI chuckled...just thought i should admit that. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, you and every other person who has read this:)
ReplyDelete