So my roommate and I returned to China this school year with shiny, new Mac laptops that instantly made us cool. Apartment thievery is not extremely common around here, but it has been known to happen. Due to the fact that we now had something worth thieving, we discussed hiding places that were more obscure. We decided that the oven would be acceptable since it is highly unlikely that a seedy character would bother looking for anything of value in the kitchen.
This plan worked quite well until I came home and decided to make muffins. After a few minutes of pre-heating, I noticed a rather acrid smell pouring from the oven. Realizing that yes, indeed, my roommate's computer was in the oven, I quickly rescued it from peril. Thankfully, the computer was in a super-protective case which was only slightly melted on the outside, and the computer itself was fine. I have contemplated sending this story into the people that sell the protective laptop sleeves as a testimonial to their well made product. I'm certain that the popularity of their product would then spread like wildfire:)
This story made me laugh!!!!!! How were the muffins????? And congrats on getting a savy new computer!
ReplyDeleteThe muffins were quite tasty and didn't taste like burnt computer case at all:)
ReplyDeleteOH MY WORD!!!! I cannot believe that! very hilarious and potentially very sad...methinks you should not hide thinks in the oven. :)
ReplyDelete