This past week at school was a bit crazy. Fall camp was awesome, but it put me behind with my planning. The entire week I felt like I was running to catch up, and as soon as I did, I realized I was still way behind. I find myself just making sure that everything was in place for the next class I had to teach. I don't enjoy feeling that unprepared, and it left me feeling like I was completely failing with all of my classes.
Teaching ESL is a quite a different experience as well. So much of the planning depends on what the students need, so many times it's not possible to even plan far in advance. It's also disconcerting when I walk into class with my neat little plan, and they look at it and say "this is easy." So then it's time for Kara to come up with a new plan on the spot-quite the growing experience:)
Though the week was difficult, I clearly saw Him working through all of my failures and insecurities. I had a particular lesson and activity in mind that I wanted to do this week, but I did not have the time to plan it like I wanted. I went to my 8th grade English class and before I started with everything, I asked if they had questions about the reading. We ended up discussing the book for the entire class period. He knew what the students needed, and it was really fun just to talk about the book with my students. I continue to be impressed with their insight and questions about the material. And so, I started the week struggling with my weaknesses and failures and wondering why He has called me to do this, and He faithfully encouraged me and helped me realize that He is, of course, in control and able to work through me in spite of all my failures.
Thank you for this insight into your life, friend...very much appreciate it. :)
ReplyDelete