My roommate is an amazing cook, and she likes to make lots of tasty food. This week she made a huge pot of vegetable soup that is full of health, and we were excited to have food for lunch/dinner for the next few days. We have not been extremely motivated to shop for groceries lately, so this is basically all of the food we currently have in our house.
I was excited to have some good food for lunch, but sadly I arrived at school before realizing that I had left my food at home. I was preparing for a foodless day at school when my roommate brought me a can of tuna that she had left in her drawer. And so, along with some chips I sat at my desk eating my tuna out of a can. As I was eating, I couldn't help thinking about how similar cans of cat food and tuna are. I do enjoy tuna, but it was slightly amusing to sit and eat it straight out of a can, and I felt slightly cat-like.
So, later that day I also had my Chinese lesson. I get Chinese lessons twice a week at the end of the day. Right now, I'm just learning the vowel sounds. The first round of sounds went pretty well, but the ones I was learning this week were a bit tricky. I'm saying all of the sounds and attempting to get my mouth to move the right way so that they sound right. As I'm repeating all of the sounds, I notice that my head keeps bobbing up and down as I try to pronounce all of the words. I wonder if my language teacher ever wants to chuckle at how ridiculous I look as I try to make the right sounds. My last lesson was pretty fun-I learned how to count from 1-10, which now enables me to count from 1-100. I'm quite proud of my kindergarten level Chinese skills:)
No comments:
Post a Comment